It’s a re-mastered version of The Greatest Rock and Roll Single Ever Made with the killer “Electrophonic Tonic” on the flip. So what did you think we’d say about this gem? No life is complete without “City Slang” spinning on the turntable. This release is a 45 so we can give it a place on the jukebox as well.
“Not My Girl” shakes like “96 Tears” free-falling out of a 30th-floor building. It takes just as long to hit the bottom. I like it best of the three tunes on this 45.
No-nonsense gutter rock’s attack on society’s elites gets a little dirtier with this sterling 45 from Brisbane.
Here’s a freaked-out, lo-fi, mindfuck of a 45 that does Brisbane’s reputation for sonic mayhem no harm. Ex-Hekawis and Shutdown ’66 bassist James Pierce leads the trio on this monstrous single.
If it’s a single of ‘60s sounds it makes perfect sense for it to be in mono. Suzi Chunk is a Welsh singer fronting a well-mannered band called Groovy Uncle and singing beat pop. If she was any more authentic her name would be Dusty Springfield.
Medway beat band god Billy Childish must have sore armpits with the number of bands said to have been taken under his wing. The Beatpack are another, active in their first life from 1987-91 and assisted with recording of an EP and an LP (on the esteemed Screaming Apple) back in the day by none other than Mr Childish.
More Articles ...
- Ich Bin Ein Esel EP - Ich Bin Ein Esel (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Adidas Tracksuit b/w Bored!@Rics - Mad Macka (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Gross Registrable Tonnage EP - Happy Times (Swashbuckling Hobo)
- Fay Wray - The Exile Co. b/w My Name and My Number - The City Lights (Spiral Scratch)
- Another Lost Weekend b/w Animal - Chris "Klondike" Masuak and Los Eternos (H Records)
- The Clapping Song EP - The Rebelles (RB Records)